It is always a challenge to find a tasty yet healthy recipe. Well, here it is! And what a treat!
I adore cinnamon buns. The smell evokes warm childhood memories of my Mom’s spicy butter cookies that she used to make. My siblings and I would all be on our best behaviour on baking day. If you misbehaved, you were relegated to the back of the queue and would lose out on the first warm cookies as they came out of the oven.
I was delighted to find this recipe for a number of reasons –
- Lasts for ages in the fridge and can be frozen.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut syrup (I made my own syrup from coconut sugar which you can find at most shops that stock banting products)
Topping – Combine
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C and grease a muffin tray
- Combine muffin dry ingredients and mix well
- Add wet ingredients to dry and use a mixer to blend together
- Fill muffin tray or cupcake liners about ¾ full with the batter
- Drip the cinnamon topping over the top of each muffin. It will sink into the batter.
- Bake for 20 mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean
- Enjoy warm or cold with a cuppa!
Do you have simple and nutritious recipes that you would like to share on My Cultured Kitchen? Why don’t you comment and let me know. I will gladly share your contributions.
Don’t forget to subscribe by email so that you can be the first to know about new posts.
Keep on cooking!